Monday, April 25, 2011

Homemade baby food! :D

My new hobby that I love to do for my baby girl, Elsie, is making her baby food. It is so fulfilling knowing that I put effort into making her homemade, fresh food that doesn't have preservatives in it. It made me even happier when a doctor I took her to complimented me for doing so. Doctors rarely agree with what I decide to do for Elsie so I relished the moment. I started making it when the lady I babysit for read a book on the benefits and starting making her daughter's baby food. Elsie has had digestive issues since she was two weeks old and one of the benefits is that it is supposed to help with babies digestive systems development. Not only that but it's WAY cheaper! And easy! All you need to do is chop up whatever you want to feed your baby, make sure it's not on the list of foods not to feed them before a year, boil it, and throw it in the blender. I use the water the food was boiled in to blend with it so less nutrients are lost. 

Butter Nut Squash, Elsie's second favorite

All blended up!

All for this sweet little angel :)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Nice job!

Jennifer Knight said...

I used to do that for Spence & Jake too... it was great in the summer to just pick stuff out of the garden. You've probably already seen it in the book your friend had, but I would also make it ahead and freeze in ice cube trays, then bag them up. That way I always had something pretty convenient.

The Good Life said...

Jennifer, I DO do that! :D I don't know if that's the right way to say it but you know what I mean :) We haven't hung out in awhile! I think it's time