Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thanksgiving!!!

This Thanksgiving was my first one to bake anything for. I had never helped my mom prepare dinner for this holiday. So you can imagine my distress in making an entire meal for Thanksgiving. The only people for dinner was the White family consisting of me and Edwin. We still have leftovers in the fridge, which I'm sure are bad by now but I'm a little scared to open the containers. Edwin cooked the turkey, thank goodness cuz meat scares me. I cooked sweet potatoes, I have only ever tasted them once before and never made them, garlic, cheese, bacon potatoes, stuffing and vegies. It turned out really well, I was quite proud of myself and sad that no one else was there to see my glory in the Thanksgiving dinner. The best part was when Edwin said I make the best potatoes! He ate them for the next three days. :D

2 comments:

Sue O said...

I'm remembering some of the colourful things that used to happen to Bethany's leftovers when she first got married. I've never seen such amazing growths. Better toss yours before you start competing with Bethany.

Bethany said...

Haha! I was just going to write, remember the stew that sat in my fridge for who knows how long? I've learned my lesson, IF I keep leftovers I throw them out after a week.