Saturday, December 12, 2009
Christmas is here!
Christmas really is my favorite time of year! With the decorating, the festivities, the family... the family is what I'm going to miss this year. I love being with Edwin, but being away from my family is really tough. I didn't think it would be this tough since it has only been me and Edwin the entire time we've been here. I thought I'd be fine! Then I got a package from my mom in the mail yesterday. I opened it, took a couple things out, saw M&M's and started bawling! I don't know why it was the chocolate that did it to me! But I literally couldn't hold anything in! With everything I pulled out of the box from that point on it got worse and worse. The red holiday lights, bawling. The Christmas salt and pepper shakers, bawling. The candle, bawling. The presents, not just to me but to Edwin as well, bawling! It touched me so much and I was so grateful for it as we will not be with them this year. I then continued to cry as I called my mom to thank her. She got on the phone and in between sobs I was able to spurt out sobbed thanks for the package. Apparently there's a second package coming so hopefully I will be able to keep myself a little more together when it arrives. One thing I love about Christmas no matter where I am is the hot chocolate!!! Even though I drink it all year round, there's nothing like holiday hot chocolate. I have started putting peppermint candy canes in mine to flavor it and it is delightful!!! It melts completely and flavors the hot chocolate with just the right amount of peppermint. Another thing I love about Christmas, this just happens to come with the time of year for those of us on the northern hemisphere, are open fires in the fireplace! Edwin is a smart lad and had bought a house with a fireplace in it before he ever new me. There are many new traditions for Edwin with me as his wife. He has never had a real Christmas tree! So this year we made sure to buy one. He loves it! And I'm so happy because I hate fake trees. I love eggnog, especially home made eggnog so of course I had to find a recipe for one which was also new to Edwin! So all in all this year has been very adventurous for Edwin. Here is a picture of our beautiful tree!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you guys are alive... LOL
Thanks for the awesomeness neck tie Annie and Edwin.
Post a Comment