Friday, December 17, 2010

A Christmas Gift

This year for Christmas, I wasn't extremely excited at first. There just seemed to be a lot going on that didn't really have a lot to do with Christmas at first. After getting into the Christmas spirit by decorating and really just keeping in mind what this time of year is about I started to get more excited.

Everyone knows the Christmas story, we hear it every year... or we should hear it every year. If we don't maybe this year would be a good year to start that tradition in our homes. This time of year is really about the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. The ultimate gift to the world. The one gift that can never be topped. A perfect gift. While thinking about this and listening to Christmas music and remembering family traditions and snow and everything that makes Christmas so magical, I decided that this year what was really important to me was giving back to our Saviour and Heavenly Father.

Like I said, their gift to the world can never be topped. But I feel there is no greater gift to our Father and older brother than to love and serve one another. So this year, if you haven't already, I want to extend a challenge to each of you. Give our Saviour and Father what they want most. Show your love for each other by serving. All it really takes is finding one person to do something really special for. Something they wouldn't be able to do for themselves. Some of you I'm sure have already accomplished this, for instance my parents made it possible for me to make it to my brother's wedding. Something I couldn't do without them.

It doesn't have to involve money or presents, it can be as simple as an anonymous thank you card to giving a family a Christmas dinner they otherwise wouldn't have. The best kind of service is done anonymously. Who knows, you may just make someone's Christmas or even bring tears to their eyes. :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: