In late June I made a trip to Oregon where I finally got to spend some good quality time with my brother and his new wife. They were having an open house there, since they got married in California, so everyone could meet the new addition to the family. Speaking of new additions, I forgot to mention when I found out I was pregnant, my sister had just found out she was pregnant as well. :) I always wanted to have kids close in age with my sister. Oh and a couple months later we also found out my husband's sister is pregnant too! She is due in March. Anyway, back to the topic. While I was in Oregon, me and my husband had our second anniversary. Unfortunately he was not in Oregon with me. :( He had been out of town and wasn't supposed to be back until after our anniversary but actually got home before. It made me kind of sad and it was a little ironic but there was no way we could have predicted it. And we will have many more anniversaries to come. So aside from me being a little sad that my husband was unable to be with us, it was a great trip. It was really nice to have everyone be able to see Elsie and spend time with her and getting to know her. That's one thing we miss out on living so far away from both mine and Edwin's families. One thing I learned about traveling while I'm pregnant though, it's not for me. I ended up in the emergency room both times I have traveled during a pregnancy. Never again. Not happening so don't even ask... it was worth it though because I got to know my new sister-in-law Samantha and because we were both staying at my parent's house we had a couple late nights of girl talk. We went to the Chinese Gardens in Portland which were absolutely beautiful. My whole life living in Oregon and I had never been! Elsie had a blast with all her cousins and aunts and uncles. And of course her Nana and Papa Osborne. (The Osborne because Edwin's dad is also Papa.)
First day in Oregon Elsie immediately loved Daniel
Chinese Garden
She got up there all by herself and didn't fall off!
Lovin' her cousins
1 comment:
I wondered if you were ever going to blog again. I've been trying to upload pictures on mine for the last two days. Internet is really slow here in Haiti. Another two days and I should be able to finish the post.
Post a Comment